Friday, April 01, 2005

knowledge management real practice in libraries

It is one year that I am working on knowledge management and LIS. I think I have read almost all resources about the relationships between KM and LIS. Almost all of papers in this area discuss some general ideas about the role of LIS professionals in knowledge management, skills needed to successfully engaged in KM, ect. I haven't come across with papers which discuss the implications of KM for libraries or case studies which describe the real KM practice in libraries. Except one paper which is about KM in reference services there is no resource (or at least I couldn't find) about detailed KM practice in libraries. LIS community should pay more attention to this area and promote real KM in libraries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home