Friday, April 01, 2005

The implications of knowledge management for libraries and LIS professionals

Above is my thesis topic. I want to find the implications of knowledge management for libraries and LIS professionals. With LIS professionals, I mean everybody within library sector (both library education and library services). I got a comment from one of famous LIS teachers that "LIS professionals is a reasonable interpretation for LIS when combined with education, but when linked with professionals (or community), is perhaps more often means Library and Information Services). I agree with her. Based on the definition of LIS in Wikipedia, it refers to study and research rather than services. But I mean both.

I think changing the topic to:"the implications of knowledge management for library and information professions" will include both libraries and all people within library area. I am looking forward to hear from you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home